Lent Is Upon Us (Some Housekeeping Announcements for the Blog)

Yes, I know this meme is dated. I only care a little. 

I'll be keeping a different schedule for Lent. 

We're going to be busy with some family things, and I'm not going to be able to be on here during the week. I'll be posting on Sundays rather than Fridays or Saturdays, time and opportunity permitting. 

So if it seems a little quiet around here for the next couple weeks, or if you comment and I don't reply until a week later, that's why. 

Since we're on the subject of Lent, here's a few links to Lent-y posts...

Stuff I've Written 

Lent and Scruples: a Survival Guide

How to observe Lent when you tend to go over board and/or agonize every time you make a mistake. 

Stations of the Cross 

This is a link to a whole series of posts I did on the Stations of the Cross last year. My one and only foray into devotional writing. 

How We're Doing Holy Week 

I wrote this during Holy Week 2020, the one Easter nobody went to mass. It's a bit of a time capsule in that things are NOT (praise God) like this anymore, but this week was the genesis of a lot of things that have remained family traditions for us in the years since (especially since our kids aren't yet mature enough for the Holy Thursday - Good Friday - Saturday night vigil Triduum marathon). 

A Eulogy for Judas 

Good reading for Holy Thursday night. 

Let's Talk About (Somewhat Retro) Jesus Movies 

I got bored one night in 2019 and compare/contrasted all the film depictions of Jesus I'd seen up to that point. It's a silly little post, but it was fun to write. 

It doesn't include The Chosen: the show existed at that point, but only the first four episodes and I didn't actually sit down and watch any of them until 2020. If I had to put it on this list, I'd put it in between The Miracle Maker (though the later episodes of that show are starting to give it a run for it's money) and The Passion of the Christ. 


Stuff Other People Have Written


Gallery of Regrettable Lenten Food

Over on Amy Wellborn's blog. 

Amy is a prolific and talented writer who's also written several profound and lovely things. Poking around her blog for spiritually edifying Lenten reflections is well worth it. 

But I think her collection of truly disgusting mid twentieth century meatless dishes is my favorite. 





Comments