My Seven Most Popular Posts of 2021

 





Seven Quick Takes may be dead, but it is not forgotten.

As 2021 draws to a close, I honor its memory by sharing my seven most viewed posts, in order of least to greatest. 

7.) I Had a Baby! 

Bitty Baby's birth story. Probably the most eventful day of our year, and the reason Chris wasn't able to help out with high school graduation. Bitty Baby was what I think can safely be called a "slow burn." She was taking her dear sweet time getting here...until she wasn't. 

6.) Halloween, A Philosophical Opinion, and an Uncertain Future 

My description of what our family did for Halloween this year, a way too invested opinion on the Trolls movie, and the last official Quick Takes ever. 

5.) An Unnecessarily Detailed Opinion on Two Kids' Shows 

This one is notable for two reasons. 

This was the first post I've ever published where I used a thumbnail I made on imgflip. 

It was also my most controversial post. I posted it in a women's Facebook page I'm a part of. The fact that I favored The Slugs and Bugs Show over Benjamin Cello was...not received well. I got lots of people saying they really liked Benjamin Cello. Very few people actually answering my points as to why I don't care for it, just overall being defensive about the fact that they did. 

I'm pretty sure I lost a few followers over it. People are evidentially pretty sensitive when it comes to Christian entertainment. 

4.) Lent and Scruples: a Survivor's Guide 

This is actually one I wrote in 2020, but it found new life and circulation this past year. A guide on how to approach Lent if you're the scrupulous sort-- basically how to avoid being a guilt ridden mess the whole time. Something I've personally struggled with a lot. 

3.) Cheese Curds, Clumsiness in Church, and a Party Crashing Saint 

A post I wrote about a trip I took to Wisconsin to meet with the members of a clerical sexual abuse survivor support group I'm a member of. 

So, you know...just that little lighthearted subject. 

In all seriousness, it was a wonderful experience and a good trip. I'm thankful I went. 

2.) What Football and NFP Have in Common, Religious Pandering, and Wimpy Marriage Prep. NFP Week Special Edition. 

This is the post I wrote for NFP Week this year and it was VERY popular. More than 400 views, which for my tiny podunk little blog is a pretty big deal. Evidentially people who follow Catholic blogs are enthusiastic about commiserating over Natural Family Planning.  

1.) St. Faustina's Diary as Read by the Scrupulous

Clocking in at over 500 views, this was the surprise hit of the year. 

An opinion on how not all spiritual reading is good for all people, this post talked about how The Diary of St. Faustina may actually add to the spiritual struggles of scrupulous people reading it. Certain mentalities read certain things that interpret the work in a way VERY different than the way the author intended it. When it comes to spiritual reading, particularly mystical reading, that can get dangerous. 


So that's this year's list. It'll be interesting to see what happens next year, and how things develop. There definitely seems to be an audience for stuff dealing with scruples; I may try to write a few more pieces on that and see if that holds true. 

How about you? Did your favorite post make the list? Is there something that you'd like me to write more about? Let me know! 

Comments

  1. I liked your post about the other children's shows - though adorable baby posts are always nice! You also respond to comments - which not every blogger bothers to do.
    Your life in TX posts are fascinating - so different than the middle of corn and soybean fields Midwest where I live. (Or the East Coast where I grew up). I have family that lives in TX, but in the more metro areas. Your frugal posts are also interesting - I don' t think I could do some of the measures you take to stretch your budget.
    Have a glorious New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too! And thank you for your comments this past year. :) It's always good to have feedback.

      Delete

Post a Comment