Seven Moments in TV History

 


This post is obscenely late. My apologies. We're in another season of transition (back to school), and it's all I can do lately to keep my head above water. 

I'm really not up to talking about my life right now (nothing bad is happening, it's just hard to dredge up a commentary on it thanks to my current state of mind), so here's some random (but fun!) TV clips on YouTube.

 No real theme or order here, just moments I'm glad I know exist on tape. 

1.) Mark Hamill on The Muppet Show

 It's oddly prophetic there at the end. 

Just a lot of fun. Though I wonder if the reason Hamill was there was because Frank Oz called in a favor. We'll never know. 




2.) Fulton Sheen on a Game Show 

The fact that everyone is so polished and polite is kinda fun to watch too. TV has changed a bit since it's infancy. 



3.) The only Jesus Christ Superstar Mary Magdaline I've ever actually liked

As a rock opera, the singing performances are the primary part of this show. As long as you get a good soundtrack, no other aspect really matters.  She just absolutely hit it out of the park with her vocal performance, and her acting wasn't bad either. 

The only version of this show where her interactions with Jesus don't give me the heebie-jeebies, which is a nice bonus. 



4.) Zuko Apologizes to Iroh, The Last Airbender

Yes, this is an animated kid's show that ran on Nickelodeon. 

Yes, the main character in this scene is Rufio from Hook. 

Still makes me misty eyed. 



5.) Alice Cooper versus Sam the Eagle on The Muppet Show

I know, I'm double dipping on The Muppet Show, but this is just another one of those moments where you're not quite sure how that just happened. 



6.) Neil Gaiman Crashes in Sue Ellen's Falafel, Arthur

No introduction necessary. 



7.) Woman at the Well scene in The Chosen 

This actually isn't my favorite moment from the show, but unfortunately that one isn't available as a clip (it's the last couple moments of Season 2, Episode 3 if anyone cares). 

This one is pretty high up there too though. The acting is really well done, and it actually helped that story make sense to me. It never had just from reading it. 


 

Hopefully I'll be able to figure out a new routine and get back to actual writing again soon. 


The rest of this week's takes here. 

Comments