A Mystery Solved



Today I did laundry.

The first load washed uneventfully. I put the baby in her baby carrier, made sure the toddler had a shirt on, then took them outside and hung the clothes on the line to dry. We enjoyed the nice weather.

While I was loading the second load into the washer, I noticed that it smelled like a dirty diaper. I didn't think much of it; our oldest is currently in the final stages of potty training and doesn't always make it to the potty on time. We usually empty the accident into the toilet, then have him put the underwear into the bucket with his little sister's cloth diapers.  I just figured a pair made it into the regular laundry hamper instead of into the cloth diaper bucket. No big deal, it'd come clean.

After I ran the load, I noticed the clothes still smelled bad. Man, that must have been a really ripe pair of underwear. Time to pull out the big guns.

I added detergent, loaded the clothes I'd taken out back into the washer, and added more detergent- all told, twice the amount I usually add. I cranked up the washer up to 'heavy duty wash'. I let it run for a moment, then peered in. The water looked murky- it was working.

The load finished, and I started pulling clothes out. The smell was still there. Why wasn't it coming clean?

I looked down at the clothes I'd just pulled out. Suddenly, I noticed something brown and squashed looking between a pair of shorts and a sock.

Oh. Oh no. Please no.

Yep.

I had just run a turd through the washing machine. Twice.

I removed the offending waste. The load is currently going through yet another wash cycle...third time is the charm, right?




If you enjoyed reading this post and would like to read more, feel free to subscribe! Just hit the button at the top of the page and enter your email. I'll send you a link whenever I publish a new post. :)

Comments