Trump That.

 



That moment a big wig politician decides to come to your podunk backwater part of the country and throw a rally...



We didn't attend; we were out for something else and just happened to drive by. 

I just can't get over it being HERE in the farmland area of the Coastal Bend. We're where you pass through on your way to Mexico: that's about it. 

And ROBSTOWN?! I grew up in Robstown; it's basically a backwater to a backwater. It's  just all around not very photogenic: lots of broken down buildings and field dirt and that's about it. There's lots of close knit community and stubborn pride in being from here, but that's not the sort of thing you can catch on camera.  Not at all where I'd expect something like this to take place. 

The local high school mascot is the Cotton Pickers. Part of me wonders if Trump picked this place just to be a media troll. I mean, the headlines, if they follow what they have been writing on the man, practically write themselves. 

Naturally, this was the first concern on local citizens' minds...


NEVER underestimate Texan love for Whataburger. 

Comments

  1. That's cool. Maybe you have a tight race locally and #45 is trying to boost the candidate? Let alone the economic and immigration issues that Texas has a big stake in.
    I once got stuck in traffic due to Obama's bus motorcade coming to my town. (2012) I didn't realize he was to visit our high school, and I got stuck at a light watching the bus and attendant security drive by. I was frustrated because I was a few hundred feet from getting into the HS parking lot to get my daughter. I couldn't get in for another hour. (He did shake hands with her tennis team. )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe. I know a couple local candidates/politicians spoke as well.

      I can't imagine dealing with traffic surrounding a sitting president, I imagine the security measures are pretty extreme.

      Delete

Post a Comment