Camping, School Play Props, and Playing Catch up.

 And...here it is Friday, and I haven't written a thing. Oops. 


Monday 


Last weekend we went camping at Goliad state park

The park is built on the site of an old Franciscan mission dating back to the days of Spanish colonial expansion (the 1700s). The church and mission grounds had been abandoned and largely ruined, but were rebuilt during the 1930s by the Civilian Conservation Corps. 

The church is rebuilt, but doesn't receive use as a church- it's got a high altar and some old wooden statues and paintings in it, but it functions primarily as a museum piece. (The old fort down the road built at the same time DOES have a still functioning church, interestingly enough. The local parish has mass there every Sunday evening). 

It also has great acoustics. I may or may not have belted something out in Latin inside. 

There's also the normal things a state park in Texas has-- a couple nice campgrounds and a few hiking trails. We hiked, made s'mores, goofed around, and overall had a nice time. 

Monday we made the drive back and started the cleanup process in the RV-- not as fun, but necessary. 

Tuesday 

Chris has Tuesday off for some reason, so he brought Little Boy to school and then spent the day doing yardwork and tinkering around with the RV air conditioning (which decided to die. We found this out over the weekend). 


I continued chipping away at cleanup (so. much. laundry.) and worked in the garden a bit. That garlic pepper spray appears to be working to deter insects from snacking on my bean plants, and the pumpkins are starting to put out more flowers and what looks like fruit. 

We got some jalapeno poppers (jalapenos sliced in half, stuffed with cream cheese and brisket, then wrapped in bacon) and sausage out of the freezer, and Chris grilled for supper since he had time. It was extremely tasty. 


Wednesday

I had a follow appointment with the doctor for Bitty Baby's ears, then spent a good chunk of the morning waiting in a grocery store pharmacy for an allergy prescription that the doctor office evidently were too busy to call in. I ended up going home after about 45 minutes of hanging around waiting. 

The rest of the day was spent trying to catch up on housework while keeping the girls entertained, and making a meatloaf. 

Thursday

Busy. 

We left the house early in the morning and went by the thrift store (found the exact thing I was looking for, which is rare), the pharmacy (finally got those meds), the library, and my grandmother's house. 

Came home and made a pizza for supper. Only a pizza, but it had veggies on it, so that counts as healthy. I hope. 

Friday 

Today is an at home day. I'm attempting to create an oversized "tuft of grass" for Little Boy's school play. It is not going to look like the example his drama teacher sent me, but I'm hoping he'll accept it anyway. 

The final product is going to involve heavy brown paper from Home Depot, tempura paint, a cardboard box, some wooden shims, and a lot of duct tape. 



If I manage to pull this off, I'll share pictures. 


Edit: 



Comments

  1. I tell you, they should give new parents craft lessons and hot glue guns instead of diapers and wipes. There are so many art things we get stuck doing - I have no skills. Luckily my husband is handy so when the boy had to make an Ark of the Covenant to scale, it was good.
    I bet your grass will be great- have faith!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's an awesome tuft of grass!

      Delete
    2. Thanks!

      I'm imagining the Ark...that sounds really cool, but also really complicated.

      Delete

Post a Comment