I'm Back!



Credit: xopherlance, Creative Commons. Not my cute baby.

Hopefully not all of y'all have given up on me. That was a longer break than I would've wanted.

I'm going to start trying to write regularly from here on out, at least for the next few months. I've finally gotten to a place where I have ideas again and (slightly) more energy. 

The reason I took a break in the first place....

I'm pregnant! 

Bitty Baby is due sometime in early June, and has already been wearing me out. The morning sickness and fatigue pretty much put me (and by extension, the rest of our family) into survival mode for the last few weeks. We've managed to keep everyone fed and our surroundings passably hygienic (barely), but almost everything else has had to be put on the back burner for a bit. 

THANK GOD Chris decided to take a break from coaching debate this year. I don't know how we would have coped otherwise. 

But I think I've finally started to turn the corner. I'm past the first trimester now, and while I still have a sensitive stomach in the mornings and a killer headache in the evenings, I'm functional enough now that I'm noticing that the housework needs to be caught up on, and I actually want to pick up some projects again. 

(And you better believe that I've already started wearing maternity pants. I don't technically need to yet, but they're so freakin' comfortable). 

Good stuff coming up, so stay tuned! 


(Also, sorry this isn't a proper Quick Takes. Hopefully next week I'll have one). 


Quick takes for this week here. 

Comments

  1. YAAAAAAY!!!! I mean, sorry about the nausea and headaches, but YAAAAAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And those continue to get better. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the impending kiddo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment